Community Aid Philosophy of Operation:
- Know & believe that Allah is in-charge: Make intentions and try your best then leave the rest to Him. Allow Him to operate through you. Obey Him because He is our Gracious Master and we are His grateful servants.
- Start small & build upon it: The strongest house is where the foundation is placed one layer at a time allowing for the first to solidify before the second is laid on. Although it makes for a slow process, nonetheless the product is sounder.
- Put yourself in others’ shoes: The only way to know someone else’s pain is to either have had a similar experience first hand or have an open heart to put oneself in their shoes so one can empathize with their situation. It is only then that one can be of true service to others.
- Treat people as individuals: It is not our aim to raise all the poor & needy to some artificial level of equality, but instead to make people’s lives comfortable given their circumstances. It is our aim to treat everyone with his or her God given dignity.
- Charity begins at home: Need is everywhere in the world and it is relative. Hence each community’s needy should be taken care of by its local people.
- Accountability of public money is very severe: On the Day of Judgment people who are entrusted with public money will be severely questioned about how they spent this trust.
- Consistent contributions with the correct intention, no matter how small, have tremendous barakah (blessings): By Allah’s grace Community Aid has come this far without fundraisers. We are grateful to Allah and to the community’s generous donations that we have been able to be of service to the needy. We believe in the power of pennies, that if given from the heart everyday with the intention of helping the poor and collected in a little sadaqa (charity) box can be a great source of barakah.